Friday, January 20, 2012

Manatee Springs 1-8-12


It has been a while since I ran the scooter and I was in the mood for a nice long dive.
Bob Beckner and I planned a trip to Manatee Springs.


This is a "cavers" cave. The flow is high the walls are dark and the visability is never perfect. This is one of my favorite caves!
I had heard about the "Blue Water" tunnel but had never been there. I received directions and we made it happen.

This side tunnel is small and advanced, it is definitively a sidemount tunnel. The floor transitions from white clay to a coarse, sparkling, orange sand. The passage meanders side to side/ up and down. It was a beautiful little dive.



Back in the main passage we cranked the scooters up and had a blast riding them out! Visability was as nice as I have ever seen at Mantatee. It makes me want to come back

No comments:

Post a Comment