Monday, December 10, 2012

Paradise Springs


I was able to get in a fair amount of exploration this year. I did not carry a camera every time so I do not have a post for every weekend. But I should still have some interesting stuff.


I took the camera with me to Paradise Springs back in May 2012. I had a group of people from the dive shop who wanted to learn how to dive sidemount for OW purposes. So with their shiny new gear, a lecture and a few dives under their belt we took a trip to Paradise Springs to get some more dive time.



Sidemount is a fast growing subset in the SCUBA industry. It moves your tanks off your back and onto your sides. This gives the diver lower vertical profile, improves stability and increases flexibility. There are a number of reasons to move to double tanks; redundancy and increased dive time are the biggest.



Paradise Springs is a sink hole located near Belleview, FL. It is privately owned and operated. The water is a constant 74 degrees and crystal clear. It is a great dive site to tour, practice your skills, and to see if caverns are the thing for you.



The cave does go below 100’ so non cave trained divers need to know their limits.



For more information about Paradise Springs check out Florida Dive Connection

1 comment: